Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Updates! Updates! Updates!

It has been a bit of a while since I updated the blog. With the end of the Last Century of the Ottomans BBB Campaign we all took a bit of a break from heavy miniature war gaming. Well as a group. I did get a game in, participating in a large 9th Age (Warhammer derived game) game at the Karargah Club. I used my Perry heavy late medieval army as empire. While my side lost, my army in general gave a good showing. You can see a video here



Beyond that I am heavily playtesting the Bloody Big Battles Balkan War scenarios. Two of them have been play-tested more  than once, and two only once. So there is a lot of work to do. Any help would be very appreciated.


This has also been a good chance to try out my new modular terrain system based on  small felt squares and circles (essentially an application of the hexon principle). The system works well and I have been able to represent the complex terrain of my Balkan War scenarios in a cheap way.

The BBB Kilkis Scenario Map




The representation using my system.






The BBB Dioran Map

 The representation using my system.





On other fronts I am almost done with my 10mm Pendraken CSA Army. Only the cavalry and generals left to do.


I am also got in some games of the excellent board game To the Last Man! , and many defeats online in the game Commander: The Great War. And as always researching new projects, and moderating and contributing to the themes of the 19th Century Warfare and Wargaming Group.

No comments: