Thursday, December 24, 2015

Kiss me Hardy at Athens

On the 23rds me and my friends in Athens, Greece, set up a session of Kiss Me Hardy. We played at the local Kaissa game store in Peristeri. A great and friendly store.

The scenario was set up by me, but not well thought out. A squadron of  4 French SOLs needed to survive 10 turns in an attempt to escape the outer squadron of a British blockade. The outer squadron was made up of  2 SOLs and 2 Frigates. Me and my friend Panagiotis commanded the British, while my friend Peter, 6 or 8 times Greek Warhammer 40k Champion, commanded the French.

I made some mistakes in scenario set up, and the combination of wind behavior and Peter's masterful gaming led to a resounding French victory. All French ships survived (their goal) and while no British ships were sunk, one of the SOLs was badly mauled. We were unable to close to short range and Peter kept the engagement at long and extreme. A frustrating, but still enjoyable game.



French towards you, British away.




An attempt by the British to surround the French.

The ranges remain at long-extreme

Hammering lines


Tacking, followed by tacking


Situation at the end

1 comment:

Leslie Lim said...

I read your blog.I thought it was great.. Hope you have a great day. God bless.

Camille
www.imarksweb.org