Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Leadhead PhD update May-June

Good day to all

It has being a long time since I updated this blog. Well I was traveling on academic job talks to the US and Turkey and took part in the graduation ceremony for my PhD at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. After a tough academic job market I decided to accept a three-year assistant professorship at Ozyegin University in Turkey. As a result I will be moving from the US for an unknown amount of time.

Though I did not get a lot of time to play over the last two months, I did succeed in finishing some painting.

First off I painted a Game Workshop Warhammer Kislvite Winged Knight. I am going to use him as the general for my Warhammer Dogs of War army. 





With him are my rebased Gryphon Legion models. Initially I had bought them as Rough Riders for Imperial Guard but now they are repurposed as Kislvite Gryphon Riders. I will use them as a bodyguard for my general. I did not repaint them, but just rebased them.



On the historical front, I finished my third Napoleonic battalion, this one a French one. I thus now have a small French 1813-1814 Brigade made up of two battalions of the same French line infantry regiment (1st and 2nd battalion) and the first battalion of a Swiss French regiment. 





Enjoy your days and nights! 



2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

May you enjoy much good fortune during your time in Turkey, sir.


-- Jeff

Konstantinos Travlos said...

Thank you Jeff!