Friday, February 20, 2009

Savoyard Monferrato Regiment 1690s, and some more stuff

Quite a while since my last painting update. But I do have a completed project for you.

These are all pics of my Venexias 18mm LOA war miniatures (http://www.venexiaminiatures.com/), I got from Olde Rivertowne Miniatures (http://olderivertowneminis.com/). They are painted as the Monferrato regiment of the Duke of Savoy. The painting is not my top-notch, but I am very satisfied. I used the CD "The Army of the Duchy of Savoy 1688-1713" by GianCarlo Boeri and Robert Vela, from On Military Matters(http://onmilitarymatters.com/pages/) as a reference guide.

Paints used were a mix of Vallejo and GW.They are based on 50x50mm GW squares(my basing for almost everything I have) and will be used for Beneath the Lilly Banners(http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/shop/products.php?req=view&product_id=18). It took me 10 to 12 hours total over the period of a month, to paint the regiment. But it was worth it. This is why I love miniature painting, you take a greay lump of metal and give it life.

I have pictures with flash and ones without and it and would like input on which you prefer.

Here is how they come

And here are pics of the regiment in battle order

and of specific elements

Command

Command
Command
Grenadiers and Musketeers
Grenadiers and Musketters

Pikes
I also ordered some 15mm JR Buildings from the WarStore. As always they came fast, but alas UPS(not the postal service) might had been less then tender in their dilivery as one of the buidlings was damaged!

Fortunetly some green stuff and super glue and TADAAA good as new!

My current ongoing painting is on a second Ottoman Janissary Orta for Winged Fury, and 8 Foundry Musketeers for my TYW project ( I am very near to the completion of my first 1644 Regiment/ 2 Victory without quarter regiments). On the pipe, is a Spanish LOA regiment, Morean SYW regiment, Spiahi Regiment, and Flames of War Soviet heavy mortar element.

I will keep you posted, and please have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Prinz Geoffrey said...

sounds like you are very busy, keep up the good work.

Herzog Ignaz said...

I like the building better WITH the crack--give it a lived-in look.

tradgardmastare said...

Most pleasing figures- thank you for posting them for us all.
best wishes
Alan

Bluebear Jeff said...

If you have any questions about "Beneath the Lily Banners", there is a good forum on the "League of Augsburg" website. They can answer any questions you might have:

http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/fightingtalk/


-- Jeff

Diethnologos said...

I agree with the mate above . The building is better with the crack . Otherwise they would all look the same . Improvise a little (if you have time!) . Also , I expect more general content articles on political science (I promise I will re-publish them) !